SRK in SF (Part 2)


....cont'd after Part 1 

After I finished my drink at Fairmont Hotel, I decided to go home, my rational mind begging me to stop the madness and get "real". But as I was leaving, I saw a tall guy who was with SRK earlier - perhaps his body guard in casual wear. My silly hope returned and I started to walk toward the body guard.

As I followed him into the hotel hallway, I couldn't believe what I saw at a distance. A man in a black jacket and black jeans was waiting in the hallway and walking toward me - I had to blink three times to realize that it was indeed the man himself - the king Khan in ALL HIS MAGNANIMITY. Despite all my desires and self-absorbed aspirations, I hadn't fathomed this moment at all. 

With my heart racing and breath panting, I pulled my phone from my bag while running, to ask him for a selfie. I seemed to be the only one in the corridor along with two other Arab women - all three of us enjoying our luck in that moment. 

As I approached him, he looked warmly at me and extended his arm to pose for a quick selfie. Before I could introduce myself, he stood next to me with his arm on my back - ready for a selfie and my hands trembled to find the inverse camera button. Oh Fuck!!! I was clicking a picture with SRK - my brain went completely numb but I managed to click my most memorable selfie.




He seemed to be in hurry and started to walk away toward the hotel's exit - the same bodyguard by his side (who must be used to women following him too). As he walked away, my internal voice mustered the courage to assert that one thing - "CAN I ALSO PLEASE GET A HUG?" 

Before I could embrace myself for a "Sorry!" or no response, he turned around with his trademark dimpled smile and open arms to give me a big bare hug. OMG! OMG! OMG! It was the most gracious, heartfelt and "proper" hug that hit a home run. I melted in every possible way and my bones crumbled as I couldn't believe what was happening. 

I think my value as a human got multiplied in that moment. After the jhappi, he asked me if I was "happy" with it before he rushed with his body guard. Happy? Seriously??!? Happy was a serious understatement, I was on the fucking moon. His larger than life persona, humility, stardom and generosity created a tumult of emotions - for me, a miracle had just happened because it was the only thing I'd desired for weeks.  

My happy tears flowed uncontrollably as I felt gratitude and lucky at the same time - I felt heard by someone :) - the experience reminded me that if you desire something from your core, everybody and everything around you works sincerely to make it happen. All one needs to do is ASK! In all honesty, I was perhaps one of the few that night, out of thousands of people who were lucky to be hugged by Mr. Shah Rukh Khan because I was probably the only one who asked. It truly reminded me how important it is to reach out and get what you want - whether it is a hug from a star or another deep-rooted passion. JUST DO IT (with determination and champagne). Cheers!! 


Comments

  1. Haha
    Jadoo ki japhi
    U have expressed your meeting him so well
    I feel I met him

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! goosebumps and I'm not even a fan :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

India

Nani

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *